Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Caption Contest: Why Are These Men Smiling?

I was out of town all weekend -- and while I tried to write something funny and coherent Sunday, and then dragged it on into Monday, by tonight I decided I should just post a funny photograph taken on my perambulations and solicit reader input (there's a first time for everything).

So I came across this little tableau hiding in plain sight, and couldn't resist snapping it. The following day I watched the first two episodes of Spike Lee's "When the Levees Broke" and it was a Jell-O shooter of the entire two-weeks-or-so when, without anyone's having predicted it, a fragile urban environment in one of the poorest states in the union suddenly became a third-world disaster area. And so I ask you -- where was Sri Lanka when it was their turn to step up?

Anyway, these men hit the trifecta. They've earned their pensions, their secret service protection and a few fat speaking engagements a year. The only thing missing is your witty summation and maybe a few Photoshopped Tweety feathers coming out of their mouths.

To get the ball rolling, here's my entry:
"Not pictured -- Pestilence."

Have at it.

5 comments:

Larry said...

They just contracted with Monica Lewinsky as a service provider.

Torrid said...

Try as they might otherwise, their grins betrayed the pre-photo shoot
stop at the All You Can Eat Shit Buffet.

Anonymous said...

Baldie in the middle is kinda cute.
Monica

freakyfrench said...

Butt Plugs. Buy two get one free.

SquireJons said...

I thought they were applicants for the new 'Survivors' TV season. Think of the diversity... they could fit in anywhere. George would be a natural on the 'Urban Youth' team. Dick has close connections to the gay and lesbian scene, and the bald guy on the right would fit in well with a team of single working moms.